Monday, August 24, 2009

Crazy Dog Lady


I have definitely become a bit of a crazy dog lady.

I noticed this yesterday when I was talking to a friend and I started my sentence with, "My dog and I always..." and I was like, "Oh my god, I talk about my dog like he's a person all the time! I am becoming one of THOSE people!!!"

Yes, I have hundreds of pictures of him, talk about him to strangers like he is human, and even plan hang out time with him on the weekends, but, I mean, how can I not? My dog is freaking hilarious. How many dogs do you know that sleep later than their owners? I am the only person I know that has to wake their dog up in the morning to go outside. Even as I'm writing this in my pj's in the living room, Josh just sleepily walked into the room after just waking up. I have been up and moving for over an hour!

Josh has all sorts of weird social issues and habits. Whenever there is a group of new people visiting me, there is about an 85% chance he will start sprinting around all of us in circles until he completely runs out of energy. He is obsessed with being squished. He will always has to find the tiniest spaces and squeeze into them to sleep. And I just walk in on him doing weird things all the time. Just last week I walked into my roommates room to find him sitting and staring directly at a painting- HAHA! He also went through a weird phase about 2 years ago where he would go find a bra in my room and bring it out into the living room-wtf?? hahaha! And don't get me started on the fact that he will literally sit and chew on his own foot for hours on end and the only command I can use to get him to stop is, "JOSH! That is NOT a chicken wing"! haha!

In case you didn't know, Josh was a rescue. I got him from the Humane Society when he was about three years old so he already had a strong personality and a lot of weird habits I had to get used to. For example, you know when you stick your tongue out and blow through your lips to make that fart sound? Josh is scared to DEATH of that sound. He will literally get up and run out of the room and hide under a bed. How does something like that happen?? What kind of weird, farting freak owned Josh before me??

But despite all of his weird social issues and strange habits, I just love this dog! ...Even if he literally walks on my face almost every night.

No comments: