Thursday, October 9, 2008

WHO CARES?


I cannot tell you how much I hate posting a picture of this woman... hell, it just makes me upset that I even know she exists... but, I just want to share my thoughts about all of the controversy surrounding this picture.
I was watching Fox News tonight -I know what you're thinking... and you're right, but it is part of my "keep your enemies closer" political technique. ANYWAYS, there was a woman claiming that this "unedited" picture is a "slap in the face to the McCain/Palin campaign". I find this to be HILARIOUS! By saying that, she was basically saying that the only thing Palin has going for her is her appearance... and I couldn't agree more!
I find myself thinking all the time about how different this campaign would be if Sarah Palin wasn't attractive. But what I really wanted to say about the cover of this magazine is that Newsweek almost always has detailed close ups of political figures on its cover. And, no, they are not always "flattering" (think of the covers featuring McCain and Hillary Clinton). A news magazine is not a fashion magazine. We don't need any male political figures to look like models, so why should anyone expect that from a female political figure? This woman is running for vice president of the United States! Who care about her PORES!? A vice presidential candidate should be running for his/her mind, not his/her face. But, I guess the face becomes the important when the mind is empty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL! On Larry King tonight there was a girl claiming not only that they did not edit it, but they sharpened it to make it look worse, and that any woman would be ashamed to have this picture of them on the cover of Newsweek. WHAT THE HELL?? They themselves are being sexist!!! She also went to say that there is no picture of Barack Obama that is bad. THATS CUZ HE IS AN ATTRACTIVE MAN! GET OVER IT! Ugh. Sorry this shit is pissing me off.

lay_to_the_ton said...

Girl. I saw Larry King too! hahah! That girl was so infuriating! And I had the same thought: Barack can't help being handsome!