Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's a Dawg Eat Dawg World...

Well, I just arrived back home from Athens a few minutes ago and, I don't care what anyone says, Downtown Athens at night is MUCH scarier than Downtown Atlanta! I've never been around so many drunk, angry people! Luckily it was just about as much hilarious as it was scary! At one point, I heard two people, only seconds apart in completely separate groups say "I heard your were talking shit!" in their drunken voices. I also saw a girl wearing the remains of what was once a very cute dress, run into a wall while saying, "Oh my God! This is the best night ever!".

Actually, it is just really fun, in any city, to only catch small parts of people's conversations. On Friday night, Diana and I went to go rent a movie from Videodrome and I overheard this guy say, "I mean, I went to Montreal, and it's not THAT French." Haha. So, just in case you enjoy eavesdropping into random conversations as much as I do, you can check out www.overheardinathens.com. No matter how crazy the quote is, it is still probably real!

But, let me tell you, it is so good to be home in the safe, comfort that is the EAV!

No comments: