Friday, October 24, 2008

HalloVEEN! Muah ahahahahahah!

I LOVE Halloween. I love dressing up, scary movies, haunted houses, and eating obscene amounts of candy, and nothing is better than getting into holidays like we did when you we were kids. Last night Darius, Diana, Brian, Kari, and I went to Creepers Haunted House and it was AWESOME! It was SO scary!! We had to go through swamps, graveyards, cross over rickety bridges, and walk through pitch black hallways while people came behind us and whispered or growled into our ears! And, one thing is for sure, those people can smell fear, because I was picked on the entire time!!!

I love being scared, which is great, because it is an incredibly easy emotion for me to achieve. I could barely sit through "I am Legend"!! I had a coat over my head almost the entire time and watched most of the movie from in between the buttons of my coat... and it wasn't even THAT scary! I think I embarrassed Darius with how easily I jumped up and gasped throughout the movie- haha! Well, last night was no exception. I walked through the entire haunted house with my head tucked in like a turtle, shuffling my feet at a grandma's pace, and keeping my arms pulled in tightly ready to tuck and roll at any given moment. The staff kept telling us not to run, but it was impossible not to! When people are chasing you with chainsaws and sniffing your neck in a dark room, it is hard to walk slowly and keep calm!

Admission was $20 but it was totally worth it! It got all of us into the Halloween spirit and we are all DEFINITELY scared! Actually, before we went, Darius and I were talking about how awkward it would be if we weren't scared. Would we fake it because we didn't want the employees to feel bad? I had no idea, but, luckily, our screams were 100% authentic. So, if you are looking to get into a Halloweeny mood, check out Creepers! http://www.creepershauntedhouse.com/

But let me tell you what I do not like about Halloween: Pointless "sexy" costumes. Like, costumes that should NOT be sexy... like these.

A sexy... bee? Um, ok...





This looks nothing like an actual ladybug...





At least this one gets points for creativity.





But there is just no excuse for THIS- What the hell IS this??






So basically, that's how I feel about "sexy" costumes for Halloween. 99% of them are dumb. The end.

Happy Almost Halloween!

No comments: