Monday, October 6, 2008

Hey, Kareem!

Ok, so before I went to teach my belly dance class tonight, I went to Kroger to deposit a check and, as I was walking in, a man (about 7 feet tall) and I had one of those "After you..." "No, after you!" door moments. I was thinking the whole time that this guy looks JUST like Kareem Abdul Jabbar but because I know only slightly more than NOTHING about basketball, I decided not to say anything. Everyone in the store seemed to be looking at him but I thought that might just be because he is 7 feet tall and I would assume that most people around that height are constantly catching every one's attention. Well, when I got home I googled Kareem and... OMG- that HAD to be him! I am about 99.97% sure!

Anyways, I am sitting here watching this show on TLC about a family that has 17 kids and it is a a special about the oldest son getting married. They are 20 years old and they are "staying pure" for their marriage. I've always known "staying pure" to be waiting until marriage for sex, but these kids are going the extra mile and waiting until marriage for their first kiss!! WOW! All I can think about is how many bad kissers I have encountered and how glad I am to have experienced enough kisses to know an OK kiss from a great one and to have gotten so many lackluster kisses out of they way! Also, I keep wondering what it would be like to go through that much waiting and the kisses/sex sucked?!? I can't imagine! I mean, I guess they wouldn't know the difference but... maybe they would??
All I can say is, I would want to know what I'm "getting into" when I marry someone! FOR REAL! At least kissing-wise! Well, to each their own!

No comments: