Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So Much for Plan B....

Ok, so my job search has officially begun. My graduation ceremony was on Monday and now my full-time job on top of my part-time job is to, you guessed it, FIND a job. The current economic state is definitely going to make this process an interesting one but, for as long as I can remember, I have always had a back-up plan in the case that I couldn't find a job right away and that is being ... a flight attendant.

Ok,ok,ok. I know it is not glamorous, fun, or would not even pay very well, BUT I am ALL about the ultimate perk: Free Travel! I would scoop dog poop for a living if it meant free trips around the world! Ok, well, I decided to go ahead and see if any airlines were hiring new flight attendants and well, they are... they are just not hiring ME!

I was reading about about flight attendant unions, uniforms, salaries, and job requirements when I came to the bulleted point:

"Must be a minimum of five feet two inches in height"


In case you didn't know, and you might not considering all of my shoes add an easy 3 to 4 inches, I stand at a staggering 5'1''. I am freakishly tiny and I always forget until I see a picture of myself with my friends or walk past a reflective window while walking with other people, but I am still in shock that my height is actually preventing me from a JOB! It's crazy! They also administer a test to see if you can reach a point on a wall that is six feet and ten inches above the ground. I tried. I can only reach six feet and EIGHT inches above the ground!

Well, I am terrified flying in planes anyways- haha! But it's nothing I can't endure if it means reaching some fantastic destination. In fact, the average person would have no idea that I am scared to death every time the plane hits the slightest bit of turbulence unless they notice how tight I am gripping the arm rests or hear me squeak as I try to constrict a small scream, but mostly I am just screaming inside... haha.

So, I guess there goes "Plan B". I guess I should get to work to find out what "Plan A" is.

But, I have to say, I am STILL beaming from graduation on Monday. I might not know what I am going to do, but I am still very happy with what I have DONE : )

No comments: