Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bill Maher

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95210724

I know he may be extreme, but he really does have many valid points when it comes to religion.

I have always felt that religion's orignal and ultimate purpose was to control people and I can see that Bill and I can agree on that. Don't get me wrong- I am not against religion like Bill is... maybe I can just say that I am against the way many people choose to use their religion. By that I mean, imposing it on others. I do think there are some positive aspects to religion, but they are nothing we cannot find within ourselves. I don't think it takes a messenger to teach mankind to be kind or to try to consider others before ourselves... I have found that we mostly learn that through relationships. But without getting too into this topic, I just thought this interview was entertaining especially in the midst of an election where religion continues to play an important role.

No comments: