Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YES WE DID



I could not hold back my tears tonight...I just couldn't believe it. My voice was finally heard.

Now there will finally be a chance for America to regain its respect around the world. A chance for ill people to afford medication, doctors visits, and surgeries. A chance for us to really support the troops and bring them home from a senseless war. A chance for a President who embraces dialogue and understanding to improve our country's foreign relations. For once I can look at my fellow Americans and be proud and for once, I actually feel patriotic.

I have always felt lucky to live in this country, but tonight, I feel especially lucky. I got to take part in making history. Less than a lifetime ago, people who looked like Barack Obama were drinking from separate drinking fountains and now, he is The President of the United States and even for that alone, I could not be any more proud.

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL PROGRESS.

So to everyone that voted for change this election, my sincerest thanks. Now let's get to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An amazing and historical night. I hope he can continue to be an inspirational leader and bridge many divides.

Anonymous said...

We must see what happens now. :) I do hope those troopers will come home soon, and hoping that our citizens will have better health care. xxx.

Ladan