Thursday, February 26, 2009

Umm... what? NO! Wait- OK.

So this is one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me...(slight exaggeration)...

Let me tell you, spending nine hours a day in fluorescent lighting has me craving sunshine and sand more than ever, so Darius and I decided to go ahead a book our yearly vacation way in advance so we could have something to look forward to while taking advantage of the early booking discounts.

We knew we wanted to take a cruise, so we chose one online and after careful consideration, chose a 7-day cruise in the Western Caribbean that goes to Jamaica, Mexico, and the Grand Cayman Islands.

We obsessively kept checking to make sure that we chose the right date, city to leave from, and destination as we went through the booking process. We just didn't want to make an expensive mistake, especially because using the early booking discount makes it nearly impossible to change any of your vacation plans. So, after we entered the credit card number, we took one final look at our soon-to-be vacation plans and hit "continue" only to have a screen pop up that says...

"Congratulations on booking your 7 day Glacier Bay cruise departing from Vancouver"

WTF!?!?! I was freaking out! I need SUN! SAND! BEACHES! Not... GLACIERS!!!

Of course Darius did not freak out... he's obviously not a Hellem... we are freaker-outers... but, in an endearing way, of course ; )

We called the cruise line and they told us that they had the correct information and that it was just a technical glitch... But it took me a good fifteen minutes to recover from the wave of depression that came over me when I read the word "Vancouver"...

You guys, I just don't know what I would have done if I had to go to Vancouver for vacation... that's only slightly more depressing than spending a week in a cold, wet cave...

But, it's all good and I am excited for Darius and I to take our first "plush" vacation : ) No hostels, living on PB&J sandwiches, or public buses this time- just easy, relaxing, fun in the sun ... only five...more...months...

No comments: